Louvre opening roofs
Creating flexible alfresco’s
Louvre opening roofs, are not necessarily “new” in alfresco design, but they are becoming increasingly very popular. Why? Because more people are seeking flexibility with weather and light control in their alfresco areas.
So, what do louvre opening roofs offer you?
Here are three reasons:
1. You control your alfresco environment
When you love being outside in summer, but the glare and heat from the sun is just too much, having an opening roof allows you to create shade, yet still let a breeze through (if there is one).
In winter, simply open up your louvre roof and angle it to allow the winter sun in but without the glare in your eyes.
2. Reduce your energy consumption
Having the flexibility to better control your alfresco area means that you can reduce the summer heat. And that means you don’t need constant air conditioning.
In winter the reverse applies. Maximising the winter sun and creating a heat bank in your alfresco area reduces the energy required to heat your alfresco area
Therefore, no matter what time of year you are using your alfresco area, a louvre opening roof helps to reduce your energy consumption and therefore your electricity bill.
3. A custom design to meet your alfresco needs
If you have an existing deck or pool area, a louvre opening roof can be designed to be “retro-fitted” and provide the type of cover you want.
Alternatively, if you are building an alfresco area for your home, have a custom designed louvre opening roof included to create extra flexibility in how you use your alfresco.
No matter what size your alfresco area is, big or small, your louvre opening roof can be designed to maximise use – all year around
At Ultimate Alfresco, we have been using Louvretec opening roofs for a number of years and highly recommend them.
Louvretec offer a number of different opening roofs options, all with exceptional quality and capabilities.
- Louvretec opening roofs are fully engineered and manufactured to the highest engineering standards and backed by an extensive warranty.
- All aluminium louvres and extrusions used in Louvretec’s systems are manufactured in an ISO9002 quality assured environment to AS1866 & AS3902 standards.
- Marine grade T316 stainless steel is used for the drive axles, with stainless steel componentry fixings being standard.
- Plastic injected moulded componentry is all UV stabilised.
- All Louvretec motorised systems are powered by leading brand Tubular motors. Both motors and controls are supported with five to seven-year warranties depending on the motor type.
You get an added design bonus as all the drive systems, motors and gearboxes are fully hidden. This creates clean lines for your alfresco area.
- The Louvretec opening roofs use a spiral pivot system. This enables full 180º louvre rotation, which means you literally control the amount of sun or shade for your alfresco.
If you want the flexibility and benefits of a louvre opening roof for your alfresco area, contact Letitia, our alfresco design specialist.