Creating an indoor-outdoor room
Outdoor areas have changed dramatically over the years to become outdoor rooms with a range of elegant options to suit your home and personal taste.
No longer simply a deck tacked onto the outside of your home, the best alfresco areas are now considered indoor-outdoor rooms.
They have the flexibility to embrace your surrounds when the weather is beautiful and create a cosy nook to relax in when the cooler months arrive.
So what is the secret to a successful outdoor room?
Simply, it is one that seamlessly blends with the indoors and feels like part of your home. Therefore, enclosing an existing alfresco is one way to create your ultimate indoor-outdoor room.
Benefits of enclosing your alfresco
There are a number of practical benefits to enclosing your alfresco. Having year-round access is just one of them.
- It creates an indoor-outdoor room, giving you additional entertaining space
- No more battling flies, mozzies and other unwanted bugs
- It is much easier to keep clean and tidy (no leaves, dust etc)
- You have a better sense of privacy, and can still retain your view
- You can manage the temperature and air flow
- Your furry friends have a secure space, without having to access your home
- You have a range of options available to enclose your alfresco area
Indoor-outdoor room options
You have a number of options available when it comes to enclosing your alfresco area.
The flexibility of your choices can be reliant on upon your budget, existing alfresco design and your alfresco lifestyle.
Some of the options you might like to consider include:
These can add a level of privacy to your outdoor area
Outdoor sliding shutters
Sliding shutters are great way to control the sun and wind to enjoy your space all year around
Cafe style blinds
Drop-down blinds, like the ones often used by cafe’s, give your patio area protection from the weather. Your alfresco area then becomes a place you can use all year long.
A Louvretec opening roof
An extension built with a Louvretec roof and mesh shade blinds as walls creates climate control on your deck or patio all year around.